Inkblazers.com Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics  

[Groups] inkblazers.com 
[Groups] Manga & Comics  [Groups] Schedule  [Groups] Illustrations  [Groups] Authors & Artists  [Groups] Blog & News  [Groups] Forum  [Groups] Online Store 
2013 Manga Contest  XML
Forum Index » Competitions
ndh707

I am new here!
[Avatar]

Anybody notice that all the big manga contests are in Japan?
I'm trying to host a contest to encourage manga artists outside of Japan.
I want this contest to be big as possible.
If you want to join or donate prizes for this contest email me at ndh707@naver.com
more info: http://ndh707.deviantart.com/art/DeviantArt-Manga-Manhwa-Contest-2013-370542910
[WWW]
J.M. Henry

I come here often
[Avatar]

I like the idea, though it may have to go through a few small tweaks to work with MM. Probably split comics and illustrations into 2 separate divisions(?) to keep things a bit less confusing.

Not sure what to do about prizes, though. Free membership? A featured spot for x amount of time? A chance to for your comic/ illust. to appear in MM' monthly magazine? Or exactly those, but I'm just tossing out ideas right now.

[WWW]
J.M. Henry

I come here often
[Avatar]

Which reminds me, there's a thread already wanting to work on a monthly contest:
http://www.mangamagazine.net/forum/posts/list/1494.page

You can always bounce a few ideas back and forth with them

[WWW]
ndh707

I am new here!
[Avatar]

@J.M Henry,
Those would be great prizes, but MM has made it clear that they will help out with this project only if quite a lot of MM members joo\in.
Maybe, if enough people join, that would be possible.
[WWW]
J.M. Henry

I come here often
[Avatar]

The forums aren't exactly very active... Have you tried posting in comments and suggestions? Maybe make a poll seeing if anyone would be interested in participating?

[WWW]
ndh707

I am new here!
[Avatar]

No, I have not.
I'm new to this site.
Where is the most active part of the forum I can post this to?
[WWW]
Ashikai

Staff: Don't mess with me ;)
[Avatar]

Did we say that? I don't remember that particular phrase. There are certain ideas for contests where we're very unsure of the potential success, and thus request that there be some interest garnered before we'll support it. In the case of a manga contest, if the scope and pitch are equally well thought-through, we'll have no trouble supporting it.

If you would like to pitch your idea to us formally for the purposes of holding an "official" manga contest, let me know. I'd be happy to talk with you about it.
[WWW]
ndh707

I am new here!
[Avatar]

Hmm, I emailed the idea to MM and I got a reply saying that they are supporting enough contests. etc already, so they can't really support it. And that they can help advertise it if enough of MM members join.
And... How would I formally pitch the idea to you? Email? Certain section in the forum?
[WWW]
Ashikai

Staff: Don't mess with me ;)
[Avatar]

If you pitched it directly to MM, I'm assuming you used the contact form. It's much more effective to contact of of the Community Managers (Me, Powil, Rogo, or Takeshi).

You can PM me on the forums to start with.
[WWW]
ndh707

I am new here!
[Avatar]

^^ Thanks
Sent you a PM
Also, just saying, the one who told me that MM can't support my contest is Powil
[WWW]

Forum Index » Competitions
Go to: